Why consider Transition Year?
- A year to mature
- Results in students pursuing the Leaving Certificate with more purpose and motivation. Students who complete Transition Year score on average 70 CAO points than those who did not. The average Leaving Certificate repeat student scores only 50 CAO points higher.
- The curriculum has been developed with an academic focus to provide a strong foundation for the Leaving Certificate.
Benefits of Transition Year (remove bold underneath)
- More informed subject choice
- Independent self-directed learning
- Self-management skills
- Time-management skills
- Group/project work/research skills
- Information technology skills
- Work experience
- Outdoor Education - Tanagh
- Work Experience
- First Aid Training
- Subject related projects
- Competitions - YSI, Mini Company, Build a bank, Scifest, BT Young Scientist
- Mentoring Programmes
- GAA future leaders
- Collections for a variety of charities